NEW YORK, April 18, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — From around $68,382.3 million in 2021 to $261,684.5 million by 2030, the worldwide online pharmacy market is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 16.1%. According to the market research report published by P&S Intelligence. This can be attributed to the increasing access to online services, burgeoning number of internet users, and rising usage of e-prescriptions in healthcare settings. Above all, a surge in teleconsulting and diagnostic assistance is driving the industry.
As a result, market participants are taking concrete steps to expand their shares, strengthen their product portfolios, and improve their value propositions. These major players include Amazon Pharmacy, The Kroger Co., Express Scripts Holding Company, Giant Eagle Inc., Shop Apotheke Europe N.V., Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc., Walmart Inc., Phoenix Group Holdings, and Zur Rose Group AG.
Get the sample pages of this report at: https://www.psmarketresearch.com/market-analysis/online-pharmacy-market/report-sample
Key Findings of Online Pharmacy Market Report
- During the forecast period, the demand for healthcare and nutrition goods is expected to grow at the highest online pharmacy market CAGR, of almost 17%. The increasing awareness of a healthy lifestyle, convenience of purchasing via online channels, and reasonable costs are driving the market’s rise.
- In 2021, pharmacy products marketed through app-based platforms were estimated to be worth around $40 billion. The increase in the internet and mobile penetration is credited for this expansion. For instance, there were roughly 107.5 mobile cellular subscriptions for every 100 people in 2020, according to the World Telecommunication/Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Indicators Database.
- Due to the increasing mobile penetration, the field of mobile health (mHealth) is expanding all over the world. It entails the use of mobile phones, PCs, tablets, and smartwatches to offer and access healthcare services. In poor countries, mHealth is improving healthcare by allowing doctors to keep track of patients’ health.
- The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) reports that the e-commerce industry’s proportion in the total retail sales increased “dramatically” to 19% in 2020 from 16% in 2019.
- North America had an online pharmacy market revenue share of over 40% in 2021. The high internet penetration as well as the awareness of online OTC medication availability are driving the industry here. According to Internet World Stats, roughly 90% of the continent’s population has internet access.
- In November 2021, the Flipkart Group forayed into the healthcare market with the introduction of Flipkart Health+. The company agreed to buy a controlling stake in Sastasundar Marketplace Limited, which operates sastasundar.com, an online pharmacy, and a digital healthcare platform.
With the COVID-19 epidemic sweeping the globe, as well as social distancing changing the way people avail of medical treatments, both offline drugstores and online pharmacy market players must adapt. Most online shops opt to supply themselves with the necessary pharmaceuticals over other products, to avoid the logistical difficulty of catering to the burgeoning medicine demand and dealing with stockpiling.
Browse detailed report on Global E-Pharmacy Market Trends, Business Strategies, Challenges and Analysis Through 2030
In addition, e-commerce sales of essential healthcare items, such as sanitizers, masks, and antibacterial lotions and medications, have increased dramatically. According to the Government of Canada’s Department of Statistics, hand sanitizer sales increased by more than 600% from 2019 to 2020.
Online Pharmacy Market Segmentation Analysis
By Platform Type
By Product Type
- Health, Wellness, & Nutrition
- Personal Care & Essentials
- North America
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
Browse Other Report Published by P&S Intelligence
About P&S Intelligence
P&S Intelligence is a provider of market research and consulting services catering to the market information needs of burgeoning industries across the world. Providing the plinth of market intelligence, P&S as an enterprising research and consulting company, believes in providing thorough landscape analyses on the ever-changing market scenario, to empower companies to make informed decisions and base their business strategies with astuteness.
SOURCE P&S Intelligence