Latest Nationwide Survey Signifies Room for Males to Enhance Bodily, Psychological and Sexual Well being and Data Gaps in Sexual and Psychological Well being
AVAILABLE FOR INTERVIEW:
Dr. Alex Pastuszak, Chief Medical Officer at Vault Well being
Dr. Salvatore Giorgianni, Senior Science Advisor to Males’s Well being Community
MALVERN, Pa., July 13, 2022 /PRNewswire/ —
Life expectancy for males in america continues to say no, just lately hitting ranges not seen in practically 20 years.1 A current nationwide survey of 1,517 U.S. grownup males ages 18-80 rated their bodily, psychological and sexual well being on a five-point scale.2 Over half agreed there’s a lot they do not know about methods to enhance their general psychological well being (54%).2 Of the sexually energetic males (n=1,331) surveyed, over half (53%) agreed they do not know about how you can enhance their sexual well being.2
Expertise the interactive Multichannel Information Launch right here: https://www.multivu.com/gamers/English/9033951-healthy-now-mens-health-coalition-survey/
Entry to healthcare may be difficult for some males, and others might really feel stress and even concern about searching for assist for bodily, psychological and sexual well being considerations. What’s extra, COVID-19 has exacerbated a concern of going to medical doctors’ workplaces, emergency rooms and pressing care facilities, which may result in later-stage diagnoses of diseases or worsening of continual circumstances.3
Wholesome Now: A Males’s Well being Coalition™— a partnership between Endo Worldwide plc, Vault Well being, the Sexual Medication Society of North America (SMSNA) and Males’s Well being Community (MHN) — is encouraging males 35 and older to make their healthcare a precedence and get an annual well being checkup to assist shield and care for their bodily, psychological and sexual well being.
At www.VisitHealthyNow.com, males can join a free 15-minute digital session by Vault Well being’s safe portal. A Vault Well being consultant can present an preliminary session and assist decide if a follow-up appointment with a healthcare supplier is required. The preliminary 15-minute session is totally free for males, no matter their healthcare insurance coverage standing.
In line with the current nationwide survey of 1,517 U.S. grownup males ages 18-80 commissioned by Males’s Well being journal writer Hearst: 2
- 73% had been taken with accessing clear info on medical circumstances that might have an effect on them, whereas 43% acquired overwhelmed by the quantity of data obtainable about well being and wellness.
- A couple of-third felt that solely people with critical psychological/emotional well being points that forestall them from functioning ought to search remedy (33%) and that psychological/emotional well being points like despair and anxiousness are one thing it’s important to management by yourself (39%).
- Almost half (46%) reported that they solely generally (28%), not often (13%) or by no means (5%) obtain psychological and emotional assist from household or associates.
- Of the surveyed males who tried telemedicine within the final two years (788), 50% most well-liked the comfort of telemedicine to an in-person physician’s workplace go to.
- Of the surveyed males who’re at the moment sexually energetic or had been ever sexually energetic (1,331):
- Two in 5 reported having skilled a sexual well being situation or downside (39%) and of these, the bulk felt depressed (55%) or “much less like a person” (54%) in consequence.
- Of the surveyed males who skilled sexual well being points or issues (514), lower than half (44%) mentioned it with their spouses/companions.
Dr. Alex Pastuszak, Chief Medical Officer at Vault Well being, and Dr. Salvatore Giorgianni, Senior Science Advisor to Males’s Well being Community, talk about the significance of males taking management of their well being by getting an annual well being checkup in addition to sources that will assist make it simpler to navigate healthcare for males.
For extra info, go to: www.visithealthynow.com
MORE ABOUT DR. ALEXANDER PASTUSZAK:
Alexander W. Pastuszak, MD, PhD, is the President of Medical Care and Chief Medical Officer at Vault Well being, a nationwide chief in telehealth, at-home care, distant diagnostics and scientific analysis. He’s additionally Assistant Professor of Surgical procedure (Urology) within the Division of Surgical procedure on the College of Utah College of Medication. As a scientific and primary science researcher, he research male infertility, Peyronie’s illness, erectile dysfunction and hypogonadism. Dr. Pastuszak accomplished his residency in urology and a fellowship in male reproductive drugs and surgical procedure at Baylor Faculty of Medication. Born and raised in New York Metropolis, Dr. Pastuszak obtained his Bachelor of Science from Yale College and his MD and PhD from the College of California, San Francisco. He has printed over 140 peer-reviewed articles and edited two textbooks. As an entrepreneur, Dr. Pastuszak based two corporations and advises numerous startups within the healthcare house along with his work at Vault. He additionally frequently shares his time and data with most people, having been featured in The New York Instances, “The Docs”, CNN and past.
MORE ABOUT DR. SALVATORE GIORGIANNI:
Salvatore J. Giorgianni, PharmD, is a males’s well being advocate, activist and main voice for the well being and welfare of boys, males and their households. He involves this work with skilled expertise in healthcare supply and companies, academia, pharmaceutical trade and public coverage. He’s co-founder and Chair-Emeritus of the American Public Well being Affiliation Males’s Well being Caucus. He additionally serves because the Vice-President of Wholesome Males Inc. and Senior Science Advisor to Males’s Well being Community. Dr. Giorgianni is the creator or co-author of over 200 publications and scientific shows and is an editor/reviewer for the American Journal of Males’s Well being. He’s a acknowledged knowledgeable in complete males’s well being; the impact of tradition, promoting and socialization on male engagement and perceptions of wellness; healthcare; and prescribed drugs. He speaks regularly on these subjects to a broad vary of private and non-private sector audiences, together with Congressional briefings, US Division of Well being and Human Providers and enterprise organizations. He’s additionally a daily visitor on a number of regional and nationwide radio discuss applications.
Interview Supplied by: Wholesome Now: A Males’s Well being Coalition
- Arias E, Tejada-Vera B, Ahmad F and Kochanek Ok. Provisional Life Expectancy Estimates for 2020. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/merchandise/index.htm. Printed July 2021. Accessed March 24, 2022.
- Hearst Media Survey. 1,517 U.S. grownup males ages 18-80 concerning males’s healthcare considerations. Carried out March 2022.
- Czeisler ME, Marynak Ok, Clarke KEN, et al. Delay or Avoidance of Medical Care Due to COVID-19-Associated Considerations – United States, June 2020. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep.2020;69:1250-1257.
SOURCE Wholesome Now: A Males’s Well being Coalition